How many times have you skied fresh powder without having to wait for the chair lift or crossing other people's tracks with no one but your buddies around? And those movies about guys shredding it in Alaska's endless virgin terrain are amazing, right? Well, snowkiting can give you all of that and you don't need to get on a plane or a helicopter to do it. If you've never tried snowkiting, now is the time to learn in a friendly and fun environment with other women who get a girl's point of view. There's something magical and surreal about flying over the snow with the wind. So let's skip the lift lines, fly our kites and explore the mountain together!
- Pro Clinics with Eugenia Gueorguieva, Jennie Milton
- Learn to snowkite lessons
- Water to snow transitions
- On hill ski and board clinics
- Snowkite instruction (all levels, beginner to advanced). Kites will be provided for beginner lessons.
- On-hill clinics and tour of Sugarbowl with one of their pro skiers
- Two lunches (Saturday and Sunday)
- Drinks (beer!) Saturday evening
- A professional photographer on the field
- GoPro videos - watch, learn from ourselves and reinforce the next day.
- Royal Gorge cross-country ski ticket ($27) or Sugarbowl lift ticket or pass, either is good at Sierra Snowkite Center.
- Lodging - there are several options: 1) Tinker's Station - very cute and nice hostel right across the street from Sierra Snowkite Center; 2) Truckee Donner Lodge
- Skis or snowboard - bring your own please
- kites will only be provided for beginner lessons.
- Demos by Ozone, F-One, and Best
Sierra Snowkite Summit
Presented by Xola
Jan. 25 - 27
Learn the basics of kite flying, safety and snowkiting
Want to learn to snowkite at Tahoe’s Premier Snowkite Location? Come join the Sierra Snowkite
crew for an action packed weekend of snowkiting, lessons, clinics, free gear demos, shredding
at Sugar Bowl and more.
Bring your skis or board and the Sierra Snowkite Center will take care of the rest.