If your're planning to come kite YOU MUST call us first for weather updates, hours of operation, and to reserve your spot. 530.816.0484 Only a limited amount of riders will be able to access the riding terrain each day.
Our Freeride area at Sierra Snowkite Center offers a variety of terrain. We have 250 acres of undulating terrain which offers both natural and man-made features. Come explore and enjoy what Sierra Snowkite and the Tahoe Snowfall have to offer.
Once parked, you must visit the Royal Gorge/ Sierra Snowkite ticket booth. Here you can pay for tickets, and fill out snowkite waivers. Remember to bring out Cash/Card for Safety assessment fee. Once completed, grab a snowkite cargo sled, throw your kites/ gear(Helmet) in, and make the short (10 min.) walk out the groomed snowkite access trail to the launch site. Please make sure to stay on the well marked access trail.
- All kiter must have a Royal Gorge ticket/ season pass
- All kiters must sign waiver forms
- If not enrolled in a lesson, kiters must pay/complete a one time $10 safety assessment lesson.
- Helmets - All riders must where helmets during lessons and freeriding
- All kites and leashes must have modern safety release devices and must be used at all times.